The review identified opportunities offered by the 2012 Olympics and Paralympics to benefit Nottinghamshire and examined work in support of the Olympics and Paralympics by the county council and across the region.
The direction of the scrutiny review was influenced by an initial examination of the issues and considered:
- athletes (identification of athletes, support for training, access to facilities).
- coaching and volunteering opportunities.
- a range of business and tourism opportunities.
- training facilities across the county.
- cultural activities.
- education and skills.
- developing physical activity and promoting health.
Read the final report of the Olympics and paralympics review [PDF 699KB]
Nine county councillors made up the Olympics and paralympics select committee:
- Yvonne Davidson (Chair)
- Brian Wombwell (Vice Chair)
- Martin Brandon Bravo OBE
- John Carter
- Sybil Fielding
- Keith Girling
- Pat Lally
- Lynn Sykes
- The Hon Joan Taylor