Nottinghamshire County Council encourages and supports voluntary and community action. We have an annual grant aid budget of approximately £1.6 million and support a range of organisations each year. Our Corporate Grant Aid Strategy 2011-15 details our future plans and priorities for grant aid funding.
Who can apply for grant aid?
Applications for Sports and Arts activities and playschemes are still being considered. Please refer to the Applying for grant aid page for details.
Applications under £500
We will not fund applications for less than £500 through the grant aid budget. If you are seeking a grant of less than £500 you need to talk to your local elected Councillor about his/her Councillors divisional fund. You can find out who your Councillor is by contacting 08449 80 80 80 or through the Nottinghamshire County Council website.
Applications for the following areas have now closed:
- Children Families & Cultural Services
- Adult Social Care, Health & Public Protection
- Environment & Resources
As of Monday 5 March 2012, information will be available regarding grant aid applications which were submitted for the service areas above by the closing date of 16 November 2011. All applicants will receive notification regarding the outcome of their application by e-mail / letter on 5 March 2012.
What will happen to my application?
- acknowledge receipt of the forms within 10 working days of receiving them
- check how well your application fits with the council's priorities
- check whether the application is appropriate for one of our funding streams
- check your governance documents
- check your previous accounts and other financial records
We will contact you to talk more about the application if we need to.
The appropriate department will look at your application and decide whether to recommend grant aid support.
Councillors then decide whether to accept these recommendations.
What will happen next?
- You will receive a letter offering your group grant aid support OR a letter rejecting your application with information about why you have been unsuccessful.
- 31 March 2012 - All letters/agreements sent out
- 1 July 2012 - All new agreements start
- Grant aid up to £4,999 will be made as one payment
- Grant aid over £5,000 will be made in two payments