On every page of our website, we offer a simple way for you to rate that page using 'faces' like the ones on the right. It's an effective way to find out what works and what doesn't, and what needs to be improved.
Visitors to our website rate about 700 pages each month. We are pleased that nearly 52% of the feedback rates the website as good but we recognise that we receive a poor rating for around 35% of pages.
When you rate a page, we ask you to provide further information - this ensures we concentrate on areas most in need of improvement or lets us know where we are getting things right. We look at every comment we receive and try to act on them as soon as we can.
Sometimes we can make simple changes straight away, but other times your comments require us to do quite a bit of work before we can put things right.
What you've helped us to change so far
In response to your feedback, we've made some changes:
- improving our country parks pages - adding more photos, clearer information about where the parks are, and more details about parking facilities
- decluttering our libraries pages to make it easier for you to find the information you need
- if you're planning a wedding or other ceremony, you'll be pleased to know we've published photos of the inside of the council's register offices
- working harder to keep our bus timetables up to date.
- giving you more information about visiting Sherwood Forest by public transport.
- making it easier for you to contact us.
- publishing better and more up-to-date information on household waste recycling centres.
- helping you find out more information about holding weddings at Rufford Mill.
- improving the instructions for our RouteXchange search, to make it easier for you to find walking routes in Nottinghamshire.
- new information and routes added to the the cycling, walking and RouteXchange pages.
- improved our jobs pages so it is clear who can apply for particular vacancies.
- added maps, directions and photos to our archives information and country parks.
- improved recycling information.
What we're working on
We are currently in the process of redeveloping our website.
We are using your feedback to help us make improvements and develop new content based on what you have said you would like to see.
This page was last reviewed on 4 April 2011.