Every financial year the Council must publish a 'budget book' which sets out how we plan to spend our money, raised from council tax, in the coming year, across all services.
The book sets out the budget plans approved by Councillors. The spending plans are divided up into 'portfolios', which are the areas of responsbility for Cabinet members.
Council tax leaflet
For a summary of this information, you can download a copy of our council tax leaflet:
Detailed view of the budget
If you would like detailed information about where your council tax will be spent in the financial year 2011/12, download our budget book in PDF format below:
- Budget report [PDF 300KB]
- Budget summary [PDF 30KB]
- Children and young people's services [PDF 75KB]
- Adult social care and health [PDF 350KB]
- Transport and highways [PDF 100KB]
- Environment and sustainability [PDF 50KB]
- Community safety [PDF 25KB]
- Culture and community [PDF 175KB]
- Leader [PDF 30KB]
- Deputy leader [PDF 300KB]
- Finance and property [PDF 80KB]
- Personnel and performance [PDF 60KB]
- Glossary and service descriptions [PDF 100KB].