The full Council is a major meeting of all County Councillors. It:
- meets approximately every eight weeks
- is attended by all 67 councillors
- is the highest level of decision making in the Council
- sets and approves the policies and budgets within which the Council operates
- appoints the Leader, committees and their chairs/vice-chairs
- acts as a forum for political and policy debate on issues affecting the county and its people.
Council meetings are usually open to the public, to see agendas, reports and minutes please see the Council Diary.