There are 67 County Councillors, who are elected by the people of Nottinghamshire every 4 years. Councillors represent the views of the people of their area at Council, and develop and scrutinise policies. They decide what services to provide and how much money to spend on them.
In this section you can find out:
- about the Councillor's role
- who is the Councillor for your area
- contact details and further information for all County Councillors
- about council elections
- how the Council works, including details of council meetings and committees
- the legal rules that the Council must operate within. This is called the Constitution
- County Council elections
- the Code of Conduct that all Councillors must sign up to
- how to complain if you believe a Councillor may have breached the Code of Conduct
- other councils in Nottinghamshire (District or Borough Councils, and Town or Parish Councils).