This page is not being actively updated or is part of our website archive. We've left it here for reference - More information about this banner

If you want to know what information the Council has about you then you have rights under the Data Protection Act 1998: (DPA).

How do I make a request?

You can write to our Data Protection Officer (at County Hall, West Bridgford, Nottingham, NG2 7QP) setting out what you want. Or if you have been dealing with a particular officer or department, you can write to them. It would help us to process you request if you mention the DPA in your letter or email.


We may charge you a fee for providing the information. We will tell you first so that you can choose whether to proceed or not.

More details

We may ask for further details to help us find the information you want. In certain circumstances we may edit the information we send to you.

You will find a great deal of information and guidance about the Data Protection Act on the Information Commissioner’s website:

How do you rate this information / service?