If you need information why not visit www.communitylegaladvice.org.uk for free legal information:
- Search for a quality local legal adviser or solicitor
- Ask a question or choose a topic and you'll be directed to the right place on the best advice sites in the UK
- See if you are eligible for legal aid using the online calculator
- View or print legal information leaflets.
For information on:
- social security benefits available such as Attendance Allowance and Disability Living Allowance
- advice sessions
- publications, leaflets and guides.
- having problems getting your money back for faulty goods?
- not sure whether to enter a credit agreement for a new car?
- unhappy with shoddy building work?
- unsure as to what you are entitled to?
- specialist business advice
- help interpreting and complying with legislation
- guidance sheets on many areas of trading standards
- information on the Home Authority Principle
- calibration service - weights, capacity measures and measures of length
- how to contact a trading standards officer and where they are located.
Legal Services Ombudsman
The Legal Services Ombudsman is appointed by the Lord Chancellor to oversee the handling of complaints against solicitors, barristers, licensed conveyancers, legal executives and patent agents by their professional bodies. The Ombudsman is independent of the legal profession and the service is free of charge.
For more infomation visit their website at: