- What is a Care Ambassador?
- Why should I become a Care Ambassador?
- How can a Care Ambassordor help me?
- How do I get support from or become a Care Ambassador?
- How do I find out more?
What is a Care Ambassador?
The Care Ambassador Scheme has been developed to raise the profile of careers within Adult Social Care and Health among young people. Using a mix of enthusiastic presentations and personal anecdotes from those already working within the profession, the scheme highlights the career routes available within social care and outlines the rewards it can offer.
Benefits for Care Ambassadors include opportunities to:
- share your enthusiasm for your work
- raise the profile of the care sector and promote a postive image of social care careers
- encourage new people to enter the sector and increase the workforce to cope with the service demands of the future
Benefits to students and schools/colleges include opportunities to:
- find out first hand what working in social care is all about
- ask questions and get advice on the options available to you
- tell us what information you want and how you want to get it.