The Nottinghamshire Partnership for Social Care Workforce Development (NPSCWD) works across Nottinghamshire to help care providers improve the skills and knowledge of their staff.
We are a partnership made up of members from:
- Skills for Care East Midlands
- Nottingham City Council
- Nottinghamshire County Council
- Nottingham Community Housing Association
- Care Home providers (private sector)
- Home Care providers (private sector)
- Training providers (private sector)
We have a Training Strategy [450Kb] available that looks at feedback from care providers about skills they need to develop.
What do we do?
We offer support to care providers through:
- Training courses – we offer a range of courses covering areas such as dementia awareness, management skills, food hygiene and person-centred planning.
- Local Links for Care Forums - we run workshops and sessions for care providers to get involved with current projects which could benefit their organisation/team. These forums are a good way to meet other care providers and exchange ideas/experiences.
- Monthly newsletters - we send these out to care providers to tell them about any new legislation, training courses and upcoming events. If you are a care provider and would like to have a monthly newsletter please contact us.