Who is social care for?
The main groups that social care deals with are:
- older people
- people with a physical and / or learning disability
- people with sensory impairment
- people with mental health needs
- people in hospital
- people who are caring for others.
Who provides social care?
The social care sector in Nottinghamshire is made up of many different organisations:
- Nottinghamshire County Council is one of the largest employers in the county. As well as directly providing services we arrange care for people through many other organisations.
- The independent sector is one of the fastest growing areas of employment in Nottinghamshire. It covers all the organisations that provide care for people such as care in the home, residential care and support in the community.
- Nottingham City Council
- Nottinghamshire health community.
Developing the social care workforce
Nottinghamshire County Council has a team of people who support and develop the social care workforce. They provide training, useful resources and opportunities to share experience. Find out more on the workforce planning web pages.
All of the organisations that provide social care in Nottinghamshire work to develop and improve the social care workforce. Find out more about how they do this on the workforce strategy page.