Early Years and Childcare Services work towards the government's Every Child Matters 5 outcomes Agenda. The Every Child Matters aims are for every child, whatever their background or their circumstances, to have the support they need to:
- be healthy
- stay safe
- enjoy and achieve
- make a positive contribution
- achieve economic well-being.
The government's Ten Year Strategy for Childcare, Choice for Parents, the Best Start for Children, set out key themes which we work towards by striving to provide childcare that has:
- Choice and flexibility - parents to have greater choice about balancing work and family life
- Availability - for all families with children aged up to 14 who need it, an affordable, flexible, high quality childcare place that meets their circumstances
- Quality - high-quality provision with a highly skilled childcare and early years workforce, among the best in the world
- Affordability - families to be able to afford flexible, high-quality childcare that is appropriate for their needs.