About the boards
Local Safeguarding Children Boards (LSCB) were established by the Children Act 2004. The Nottinghamshire Safeguarding Children Board (NSCB) covers Nottinghamshire County - excluding the City of Nottingham.
The Board is the key statutory mechanism for agreeing how relevant organisations co-operate to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and ensure the effectiveness of what they do. It also provides inter-agency training for colleagues working with children, young people, adults and families.
In addition, there are also a number of sub-committees which are chaired by a member of the NSCB and report to the Board.
We also provide training and practice guidance in child protection issues.
- NSCB Annual report 2010/11 [PDF 718KB] sets out key issues that the NSCB believes should be considered in order to ensure that local arrangements to keep children safe are of a high quality.
- Business Plan 201112/12 [PDF 24KB] details the key developmental priorities for the Board during 2011/12 and identifies how these will be delivered
- Vision and Mission Statement [PDF 29KB] describes the NSCB longer term ambitions
- Impact Evaluation Framework [PDF 62KB] explains how the NSCB will monitor its performance with a view to ensuring continuous improvement
- Board Membership List [PDF 29KB] - Board members are senior representatives in each relevant organisation who can agree and commit their agencies to ensure the work of the Board is carried through.
- Board Structure Chart [PDF 17KB] - The full NSCB and the Executive Group meet every quarter. The ongoing work of the Board is carried forward through various sub-groups.
- NSCB Constitution [PDF 81KB] outlines the Board’s membership, funding arrangements and core
The work of the NSCB fits within the wider context of the Children and Young People’s Strategic Plan and the Board is responsible for the improvement priority 'Protecting the most vulnerable children and young people.
Statutory requirements stipulate that the NSCB and the Nottinghamshire Children’s Trust Board develop and implement an ongoing and direct relationship and scrutiny function in order to safeguard and promote the welfare of children. The function of both Boards includes responsibility and accountability for keeping children and young people safe. Whilst their roles in this regard are complementary, they are also distinct. This relationship (including governance and scrutiny arrangements) is set out in a Joint protocol [PDF 1MB] .
Minutes of Executive meetings
- NSCB Executive meeting minutes 15 March 2011 [PDF]
- NSCB Executive meeting minutes 10 June 2011 [PDF]
- NSCB Executive meeting minutes 9 November 2011 [PDF]
- NSCB Executive meeting minutes 5 December 2011 [PDF]
Minutes of board meetings
- Minutes of the NSCB meeting held 11 April 2011 [PDF]
- Minutes of the NSCB meeting held 26 January 2011 [PDF 115KB]
- Minutes of the NSCB meeting held 28 October 2010 [PDF 89 KB]
- Minutes of the NSCB meeting held 15 July 2010 [PDF 116KB]
- Minutes of the NSCB meeting held 22 April 2010 [PDF 119KB
- Minutes of the NSCB meeting held 27 January 2010 [PDF 143KB]
- Minutes of the NSCB meeting held 22 July 2009 [PDF 161KB]
- Minutes of the NSCB meeting held 21 October 2009 [WORD 2MB]
- Minutes of the NSCB extraordinary meeting held 23 November 2009 [PDF 112KB]
The NSCB has produced an Engagement Strategy demonstrating its commitment to communicating with all organisations communities and children and young people, and is developing work to ensure the participation of children and young people in particular in its work
Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre (CEOP)
CEOP would actively like to encourage all organisations that have an online presence where children and young people congregate to adopt the CEOP "Report Abuse" mechanism.
See website: www.ceop.gov.uk/saferbydesign/reportabuse.asp.
Nottinghamshire Safeguarding Children Board
Nottinghamshire County Council
Children and Young People’s Department
tel: 0115 977 3935