Proud of our past, ambitious for our future
Nottinghamshire is a county steeped in heritage, beautiful countryside, distinctive villages and attractive market towns.
Through our Local Improvement Scheme (LIS), we are helping regenerate and transform the county’s village and town centres, countryside, businesses, leisure and tourism spots.
The LIS programme helps local people in local communities develop a local 'pride of place' and responsibility for the environment.
The scheme also aims to promote rural initiatives, market town projects that improve the centre’s attractiveness and economic viability, conservation and heritage projects and projects that encourage economic and cultural regeneration.
As well as improving our environment, our towns and villages, LIS also provides jobs for local people, showcases the work of local craftsmen and helps train young people in a trade.
This year more than 400 schemes will be delivered across the county directly as a result of people wanting to make their community a better place to work and live in.
We are committed to investing in the future of our county by working with local people across a diverse mix of environmental, tourism, economic and cultural projects.
Working together we can help Nottinghamshire thrive.
Below is a list of some of the schemes the County Council has helped through LIS:
- Willow Anchor Commemorates Boating Heritage
- New Plots at Bunny Allotments
- Improvements at Radcliffe Dog Walking Path
- Restoration Underway at Calverton Folk Museum
- Play Park Upgrade in Nuthall
- Skate Park upgrade in Stapleford
- Labyrinth opens at Rushcliffe Country Park
- Footpaths improved across Ashfield
- Upgrade for Retford Market Square
- 106 lime trees restored to former glory
- History of Mansfield Woodhouse seen in Glass Mosaic
- Teenagers Create Idyllic Woodland Garden
- Access Improvements at Ruddington Allotments
- Biodiversity improved at Edwinstowe Allotments
- Restored wall at Radcliffe Church
- Bilsthorpe Memorial To 77 Miners Unveiled
- Bird Hides for Country Park
- Residents celebrate improvements in Newgate Lane
- Interesting finds at Kirkby Hardwick Dig
- Japanese Gardens unveiled in Bestwood
- New Play Area for Oxton
- All Year Colour At Misson Cemetery
- Archaeology Dig At Kirkby Hardwick
- Orchard Planted in Bleasby
- Bulb Planting at Shireoaks Village Garden
- History On The River Trent
- Communities still need a cuppa and a chat
- Kinoulton allotment attracts green-fingered enthusiasts
- Mansfield heroes memorial unveiled
- Local improvement scheme thrives on community support
- Freckland wood sculptures
- Netherfield lagoons attracting visitors
- New community farm in Cotgrave
- Oil paintings restored at fire museum
- Passion and Pride - a British phenomenon
- Restoration work at Gedling Almshouses
- People power in Nottinghamshire towns & villages
- Restoration work complete at St Swithun’s Church in Retford
- Tidy up in Newgate Lane
If you have a suggestion for the Local Improvement Scheme please tel: 08449 808080, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the online scheme suggestion form. View the Local Improvement Scheme guidance notes [PDF 144KB]