Business and the economy
We are working with our partners to encourage the growth of the Nottinghamshire economy at both community and business level, and to promote an economy where skills, wage levels and enterprise match or exceed national averages. We want the local economy to become more competitive and sustainable, to link Nottinghamshire people to local jobs and to develop an enterprising culture.
- Encouraging the development of innovation in businesses
- Engaging the business community on a whole range of issues – not least finding out what business support they need
- Providing high quality, affordable work space across the county through a network of business innovation centres
- Supporting physical regeneration projects which will create business opportunities. This includes the Sherwood Growth Zone
- Promoting social enterprise
- Supporting people to get into work
- Working with partners to improve skills and employment opportunities through the Employment and Skills Board
- Working with our partners to support and encourage economic growth in the D2N2 Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP).
In addition we also provide information about the economy.
Further information about the points mentioned is available through the links above and on the right.
Approved Traders Scheme
Our Trading Standards service runs a Buy with Confidence scheme to keep an up to date list of reputable local businesses checked by Trading Standards. You can search the list online, or get in touch if you're a trader wishing to join the scheme.